Friday, May 17, 2013

Breaking The Breakfast Rut

For a significant portion of my adult life my breakfast of choice was either cereal or a bagel.  Within an hour, or two if I was lucky, I would be ravenous and often end up eating my lunch earlier then planned.    The new thinking on breakfast is to include carbs, protein and small amount of fat so that you get immediate energy and feel satiated longer.  

Breakfast is usually a tricky meal to prepare, we are often still foggy with sleep and don't have time to make elaborate meals.  Below are a couple quick ideas for breakfast. I make the steel cut oats ahead of time and store in the refrigerator. 

Here are a few of my favorite breakfasts:

Pita Bread, Labne, Carrots and Cucumbers


Steel Cut Oats, Blueberries, Nuts and Local Honey

Chocolate Shakeology, Strawberries and Almond Milk

Mango-Mint Smoothie: Mango, Mint, Blueberries, Greek Yogurt and Almond Milk


No comments:

Post a Comment